Search the web with Vivaldi on iOS
Searching using Vivaldi on iOS
To search in the iOS version of Vivaldi, tap either the Search button on the Start Page or tap directly on the Address Bar and start typing the search term.
Changing the default Search Engine
To change the default Search Engine:
- Go to the Vivaldi menu > Settings > Search Engine.
- Tap on the Search Engine you want to set as the default Search Engine.
- Exit the Setting by tapping Done or go back to the main Settings menu using the back arrow.
Available Search Engines
- Bing – for searching the web via Microsoft Bing.
- Yahoo – for searching the web via Yahoo.
- StartPage – a private way to search Google.
- DuckDuckGo – a search engine that doesn’t track users.
- Ecosia – a search engine that plants trees.
- Wikipedia – for searching the Wikipedia free online encyclopedia.
- Google – for searching the web via Google.
Searching from a website
To search for a word or a phrase you found on a website:
- Highlight the search term by pressing on the word/phrase.
- In the menu that appears, tap on Search with Vivaldi.
The Search will be done with your default search engine.
To start a search in Vivaldi from your home screen and/or Today View add Vivaldi’s search widget to it by:
- Long pressing on an empty space on the home screen.
- Tap on Add in the top right corner.
- Find Vivaldi from the list and tap on it.
- Select whether you want to add Search or Vivaldi’s Quick Actions widget. The latter, in addition to the search field, includes shortcuts for opening a Private Window and QR code reader.
- Tap Add Widget.
- Drag the widget to where you want to have it.