Mail Keyboard Shortcuts
This post is also available in: 日本語 Français Deutsch Српски Български
Using Keyboard Shortcuts is a great way to speed up your workflow. Single Key Shortcuts allow even more speed and require less finger gymnastics to reach all relevant keys.
You can view and edit Mail’s Keyboard Shortcuts in Settings > Keyboard > Mail.
- N – Compose New Message
- R – Reply to Message
- Shift +R – Reply All
- F – Forward Message
- Delete – Delete Message
- Shift + Delete – Delete Permanently
- K – Mark Message as Read
- Shift + K – Mark Message as Unread
- J – Mark Message as Spam
- Shift + J – Not Spam
- M – Mark Message Thread as Read
- Shift + M – Mark Message Thread as Unread
- E – Show Messages for Sender
- T – Show Message Thread
- G – Mark Message as Read and Go To Next Unread
In addition, you can create your own shortcuts for the following commands:
- Next Unread
- Previous Unread
- Mark All As Read
- Add New Mail Account
- Show Message as Text
- Show Message as HTML
- Mail Settings
To disable Single Key Shortcuts in Mail and Calendar:
- Go to Settings > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Disable Mail and Calendar Single Key Shortcuts.
If you have your hand more on the mouse than on the keyboard, you can also create Mouse Gestures for all of the commands listed above. Click here to learn how to add new Mouse Gestures.
Was this page helpful?
Let us know if something’s missing from this article. That’s the only way we can improve.