Accessing Vivaldi Settings
There are multiple ways to access Settings in Vivaldi:
- Click the Settings button on the bottom of the side Panel;
- Open the Vivaldi Menu > Tools > Settings;
- Use a Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+F12 / ⌘ ,;
- Type “Settings” in Quick Commands;
- Type vivaldi://settings in the Address Field.
- Create a Mouse Gesture for opening Settings.
Settings are divided into sections listed on the left side of the window. For example, to open Settings in a new Tab instead of a separate window go to Appearance > Window Appearance and tick the box for Open Settings in a Tab.
It’s possible to display all settings at once by choosing Display All located at the bottom of the list.
You can also search for the setting you want to modify by entering its term in the search field above the section list.
Many of the settings will be applied immediately; however, if a restart of the browser is needed for changes to be applied it will be denoted next to the setting as applicable.
If you’ve changed some settings after which the browser no longer behaves as you’d like, but you’re not sure which setting is causing it, try resetting the settings to their defaults.
To reset settings:
- Open Settings.
- Go to the settings category you want to reset.
- Scroll to the bottom of the section.
- Click Reset [category name] Settings to Default.
- Confirm the decision by clicking Reset Settings in the popup dialog.
Some Settings, such as Enable Mail, Calendar and Feeds, will not be reset.