Settings on Android
This post is also available in: 日本語 Русский Français Español Deutsch Nederlands Српски Українська Polski Português Português Български
Change your Vivaldi Android preferences in Settings. Click the links (underlined blue text) for additional information.
To access Settings in the Android version of Vivaldi:
- Tap on the Vivaldi menu on the Address Bar, and
- Select Settings.
There you can:
- Access Sync settings;
- Change the default Search Engine;
- Enable Search suggestions;
- Show Search Engine suggestions;
- View Passwords and edit password settings;
- Enter and edit Payment methods and Addresses;
- Change your preferred languages for the app, web content and translations;
- Edit the browser’s Main Menu;
- Toggle on or off closing the app with a double tap on the back button;
- Enable Address Bar swipe gesture to open the Tab Switcher;
- Enable closing tabs with a swipe;
- Enable the Tab Bar;
- Enable Tab Stacks;
- Enable showing of the Close button for background tabs;
- Show tabs as favicons without the tab title;
- Set a minimum width for tabs;
- Select the new tab’s position;
- Toggle on and off focusing on the Address Bar right after opening a new tab;
- Set a time interval for automatically closing inactive tabs;
- Check your Tracker and Ad Blocker settings;
- Review Privacy settings and clear browsing data;
- Move the Address Bar to the bottom of the screen;
- Enable displaying search suggestions in a reverse order (most relevant at the bottom), when the Address Bar has been moved to the bottom.
- Change the size of Speed Dials on the Start Page;
- Switch between a light and dark Theme, set an accent color and enable dark mode for websites;
- Toggle on or off the visibility of Vivaldia game in the menu;
- Enable scrollbars in Vivaldi’s internal pages;
- Hide the Status Bar on web pages (area where time, battery and other information is displayed);
- Enable always showing controls, so the toolbars won’t disappear when you scroll down on a web page;
- Enable showing Start Page’s button on the Address Bar, when it’s set to be at the bottom of the screen;
- Toggle on or off Keyboard Accessory View, which, when enabled, helps you autofill login fields faster.
- Enable desktop view for all websites.
- Improve Accessibility by changing the font size and enabling force zoom and the Reader View (simplified view);
- Access Site Settings;
- View Download settings.
- Update app notification settings;
- Set a homepage and new tab page;
- Enable opening of external pages in the browser instead of dedicated apps.
- View information about the current Vivaldi version.
Was this page helpful?
Let us know if something’s missing from this article. That’s the only way we can improve.