Settings on Android
Change your Vivaldi Android preferences in Settings. Click the links (underlined blue text) for additional information.
To access Settings in the Android version of Vivaldi:
- Tap on the Vivaldi menu on the Address Bar, and
- Select Settings.
There you can:
- Access Sync settings;
- Change the default Search Engine;
- Enable Search suggestions;
- Show Search Engine suggestions;
- View Passwords and edit password settings;
- Enter and edit Payment methods and Addresses;
- Change your preferred languages for the app, web content and translations;
- Edit the browser’s Main Menu;
- Toggle on or off closing the app with a double tap on the back button;
- Enable Address Bar swipe gesture to open the Tab Switcher;
- Enable closing tabs with a swipe;
- Enable the Tab Bar;
- Enable Tab Stacks;
- Enable showing of the Close button for background tabs;
- Show tabs as favicons without the tab title;
- Set a minimum width for tabs;
- Select the new tab’s position;
- Toggle on and off focusing on the Address Bar right after opening a new tab;
- Set a time interval for automatically closing inactive tabs;
- Move the Address Bar to the bottom of the screen;
- Enable displaying search suggestions in a reverse order (most relevant at the bottom), when the Address Bar has been moved to the bottom.
- Change the size of Speed Dials on the Start Page;
- Switch between a light and dark Theme, set an accent color and enable dark mode for websites;
- Toggle on or off the visibility of Vivaldia game in the menu;
- Enable scrollbars in Vivaldi’s internal pages;
- Hide the Status Bar on web pages (area where time, battery and other information is displayed);
- Enable always showing controls, so the toolbars won’t disappear when you scroll down on a web page;
- Enable showing Start Page’s button on the Address Bar, when it’s set to be at the bottom of the screen;
- Toggle on or off Keyboard Accessory View, which, when enabled, helps you autofill login fields faster.
- Enable desktop view for all websites.
- Improve Accessibility by changing the font size and enabling force zoom and the Reader View (simplified view);
- Access Site Settings;
- View Download settings.
- Update app notification settings;
- Set a homepage and new tab page;
- Enable opening of external pages in the browser instead of dedicated apps.
- View information about the current Vivaldi version.