Searching using Vivaldi on Android
To search in the Android version of Vivaldi, tap either the Search button on the Start Page or tap directly on the Address Bar and start typing the search term. Tapping the Done button will execute the search using your default search engine.
To search using a pre-installed search engine other than the default, enter the Search Engine’s nickname (check the list below) followed by a space and then type the search term. After tapping space the chosen Search Engine’s logo will appear on the Address Bar.
Changing the default Search Engine
To change the default Search Engine:
- Open the Vivaldi menu from the top right corner;
- Select Settings > General > Search Engine;
- Tap on the Search Engine you want to set as the default Search Engine;
- Exit the Setting using the back arrow.
Available Search Engines
- Bing [b]– for searching the web via Microsoft Bing.
- Yahoo [y] – for searching the web via Yahoo.
- StartPage [s] – a private way to search Google.
- DuckDuckGo [d] – a search engine that doesn’t track users.
- Ecosia [e] – a search engine that plants trees.
- Wikipedia [w]– for searching the Wikipedia free online encyclopedia.
- Google [g] – for searching the web via Google.
- Qwant [q] – a search engine that respects your privacy.
Searching from a website
To search for a word or a phrase you found on a website:
- Highlight the search term by pressing on the word/phrase;
- In the menu that appears, tap on the overflow menu;
- Select Web Search;
The Search will be done with your default search engine.
To start a search in Vivaldi from your home screen add Vivaldi’s search widget to it by:
- Long pressing on an empty space on the home screen;
- Select Widgets;
- Find Vivaldi search from the list;
- Long press on the widget and drag it to the home screen.