Add a new blog post
This article will show you how to add a new blog post to your blog on Vivaldi.net.
Write a new blog post
You can start writing a new blog post in a number of ways:
- Dashboard > Posts > Add New
- Posts page > Add New
- Top horizontal menu > New > Post
WordPress’ Gutenberg editor uses blocks for building posts and pages. To add a new block, click on the Add block button and select the type of block you want to add: paragraph, heading, image, list, table, etc.
You can reorder blocks by using the arrows on the left side or by dragging them to the desired location. Furthermore, you can find some block specific settings from the menu in the top left corner of each block.
Additional block customisation options can be found from the Settings menu on the right (see image below).
From the same panel, where the block editor is located, you can also adjust settings for the whole document.
For more advanced blogging, you can add or remove fields from the 3 dot menu in the top right corner More tools and options > Options.
To include media files in the post, add an Image or Gallery block to the post and choose whether you want to add the media by:
- uploading the file(s);
- choosing from already uploaded files in the Media Library;
- inserting an image from a URL.
Attachment details can be edited prior to inserting the media file into the post:
- Select the image;
- Click Edit Image in the Attachment details section on the right;
- Make the changes and click Save.
We’ve added a plugin that lets you easily browse through and use thousands of high quality images from Unsplash. To add images from Unsplash to your Media Library:
- Go to your blog’s Dashboard > Media > Instant Images;
- Once you’ve found an image you want to use in your blog, click on it and it will be added to your Media Library.
You can also browse through Instant Images, while editing a post:
- Click on the Instant Images button in the top right corner of the page;
- Add images to your Media Library;
- Add a new image block and select the new image from the Media Libarary.
Edit a blog post
You can easily make changes to the blog post by:
- clicking Edit next to the post information (date, category)
- while on the blog post’s link click Edit Post on the top horizontal menu
- while on Dashboard > Posts > click Edit under the post title (becomes visible when hovering the mouse over the post)
Once finished with the changes, click Update.
Add a new page to the blog
In addition to blog posts, it’s also possible to add pages to the blog. The difference between posts and pages is that posts are blog entries that will show up in the Reader and RSS feeds and are organized in a chronological order. They can be found in Recent Posts, Categories, Archives, etc. Pages, on the other hand, are static and don’t have a time stamp. If you’re using the Pages widget, they will be visible in the blog’s widget section on the side or bottom of the page (depending on the theme) or you can add a link to them to the blog menu. A good example of a page is the About page with information about the blog’s author(s).
To add a page to the blog:
- Go to Dashboard > Pages > New post
- Go to Pages > Add New
- From the top horizontal menu select New > Page