Pinning Tabs allow you to keep your most used tabs open and available in the same location, at all times.
Pin a tab
- Right click on the tab and select Pin Tab;
- Type “Pin Tab” in Quick Commands;
- Set a custom Keyboard Shortcut or a Mouse Gesture for pinning tabs.
To pin multiple tabs at once select them using the Ctrl or Shift key and select Pin # tabs from the right-click context menu;
If the tab bar is located on the top or bottom of the window, the pinned tab will shrink to only fit the favicon (commonly the website’s logo) and position itself to the left side of the Tab Bar.
In case the Tab Bar is either on the left or right side of the window and in the Window Panel, the pinned tab will position itself at the top of the tabs list.
The pinned tabs will be listed in the order they were pinned, but you can change their order by dragging them. Pinned and regular tabs cannot be placed alternately.
Unpin a tab
- Right click on the pinned tab and select Unpin tab. The unpinned tab will position itself as the leftmost/topmost tab after pinned tabs (if there are any);
- Type “Unpin Tab” in Quick Commands;
- Set a custom Keyboard Shortcut or a Mouse Gesture for unpinning tabs.
To unpin multiple tabs at once select them using the Ctrl or Shift key and select Unpin # tabs from the right-click context menu;
Close a pinned tab
With default settings, to close a pinned tab, first, unpin it and then close it as a normal tab.
- Don’t Close Pinned Tabs,
- Minimise Instead of Closing, and
- Close As Other Tabs.