In Vivaldi, you can choose how to display your tabs in a few simple steps.
Tab Bar position
The Tab Bar can be located on any side of the browser window – top, bottom, left, right. To change the position, go to Settings > Tabs > Tab Bar Position.
Toggle Tab Bar visibility
To toggle the visibility of the Tab Bar, either:
- Open Settings > Tabs and untick the box for Show Tab Bar to hide it. Tick the box again to show the Tab Bar;
- Open the Vivaldi Menu > View > Show Tab Bar.
- Type “Tab Bar” in Quick Commands;
- Set a Keyboard Shortcut or a Mouse Gesture for toggling the Tab Bar’s visibility.
When the Tab Bar is either on the top or bottom of the window, you can assign a minimum tab width for the active tab. In Settings > Tabs > Tab Display, select how many pixels the width should be and then, no matter how many tabs are open, the active tab will always be easily noticeable.
If the Tab Bar is on the side of the browser window, adjust the width of the Tab Bar by placing the mouse on the edge of the Tab Bar and drag in the desired direction.
Loading progress indicator
When a page is loading the Address Field displays the progress. Additional loading indicators are displayed also on the Tab, which is especially useful for Tabs loading in the background.
In Settings > Tabs > Tab Display > Page Load Progress you can pick between 4 options:
- Progress Bar
- Favicon Progress
- Favicon Spinner
Window Background Image
In addition to the active tab colour or Theme’s accent colour, you can show your Start Page background image on the Tab Bar. To enable it:
- Go to Settings > Themes > Colour > Opacity;
- Enable Transparent Tab Bar.
To get a more frosted look on the Tab Bar (and Panels), also enable Blur.