Report a bug in Vivaldi
In this article we’ve put together some guidelines that will help you write a good bug report. A good bug report will help our developers reproduce and fix the bug.
Before reporting a bug
- Make sure you have the latest version of Vivaldi. If you’re on an older version, please update your browser and check if you can still reproduce the issue.
- If you can still reproduce it, follow the steps on our help page about troubleshooting issues in Vivaldi. Some bugs are caused by an Extension or a setting and can be easily solved.
- Check the Forum. Well-known bugs, updates and temporary workarounds are often discussed there.
- In case no one has mentioned the issue you’re having on the Forum, please start a new topic. Then our Community members can either suggest solutions for a fix or confirm the bug. When others can confirm the bug, please report the bug following the instructions below.
How to report a bug?
- Report each bug separately on vivaldi.com/bugreport/. Reports with more than one bug cannot be processed because each bug is allocated a unique bugtracker number.
- Describe the issue in as much detail as you can.
- If you’re reporting from another computer / browser, include information about the Vivaldi version and the operating system the bug is occurring on.
- Add an exact link to a web page where the issue occurs, so it can be tested.
- It helps, if you include some information about the extensions and security tools you’re using – they often point us in the right direction.
- If you’re having issues with audio or video give information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU (vivaldi://gpu).
- You can add more information, by attaching relevant files (screenshots, crash logs, etc.) to the bug report.
- After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation email from the bugtracker with the bug number VB-XXXXX, so make sure you give a valid contact email address.
If you have questions about the bug please ask in the forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number. Our helpful forum moderators will be able to help you.
Important! Please do not use the bug report page for support or other questions. These questions should be asked on the forum.
Issues with a Third Party Product
Lastly, if you are encountering an issue with a Third Party product, such as a firewall provider or security software that your company has set up, please share with us the following information:
- Product name
- Product version
- Relevant error messages
If support cases have been opened with the Third Party Product’s support team, we would appreciate information (e.g. a case number) about it as well, so we can reference it in case we need to contact the vendor.
Thanks for helping us make Vivaldi better 🙂