The Pop Out Video feature, also known as Picture-in-picture (PiP), allows you to display HTML5 videos in a floating window so that you can continue watching the video while scrolling down a page or changing tabs.
To use this feature:
- Hover the mouse cursor over the video;
- Click on the pop out video button that appears at the top edge of the video.
Alternatively, right-click on the video and select Picture-in-picture from the context menu. For certain sites, like Youtube, this is not yet possible via their custom context menu. In that case, double right-click to reveal the context menu with the Picture-in-picture option.
The pop out video includes controls for:
- pausing the video;
- returning to the main window;
- moving to the next/previous video (when playing a video from a playlist);
- skipping ahead or going back in the video timeline by either:
- clicking on the progress bar, or
- using the left and right arrow keys while the pop out video is in focus;
- for closing the pop out.
Pop-out video button is enabled by default. If you won’t be using the feature, go to Settings > Webpages and disable Picture-in-Picture Button on Videos.