In Settings > Calendar you can manage your Calendar accounts and their calendars. In addition, you can adjust various settings for the Calendar interface and for managing events.
You can set notifications for the events in your calendar. In Settings > Calendar > Calendar Settings > Notification type you can decide how the notification is displayed. You can choose between:
- System notification;
- A popup dialog in the browser;
- A melting browser effect followed by a popup dialog;
- A burning browser effect followed by a popup dialog.
Calendar Mail account
To share events, the Calendar needs to be linked to a mail account. Select the mail account in Settings > Calendar > Calendar Settings > Calendar Mail Account.
To add a new Mail account, check out the help page about adding and managing Mail accounts.
Day Length Settings
For day and week view you can adjust the core hours of your day to fit your routine. Set the day’s start time and and end time in Settings > Calendar > Calendar Settings > Day Settings. In addition, you can decide whether to show the time slots outside your core hours in the Calendar or not by enabling or disabling Collapse out of Day Hours.
There are 3 different event display options available in Vivaldi Calendar:
- Full – Shows the event time, title, description, location and link of the event.
- Compact – Shows the same as above, but if the description or link info are too long only limited amount of that info will be displayed.
- Minimal – Only event time and title are shown.
Furthermore, by enabling the option Show Icons for Event Properties you can see whether the event information includes a link and a location, whether it’s a recurring event and if it’s a task or not.
In Vivaldi Calendar you can create and edit events either inline, meaning in the calendar view itself, or in a popup dialog. Choose the one you prefer in Settings > Calendar > Calendar Settings > Edit mode.
Normally, you’d click Done or Cancel/Delete when you’re finished with editing an event, but you can also just click outside the event editor. You can decide what happens when you do that in Settings > Calendar > Calendar Settings > Click Outside Event Should. Choose between:
- Discard any changes you made;
- Save the changes to existing events, but discard changes when creating a new event;
- Save the changes to existing events and save a new event, in case you were creating one.