With Vivaldi, you can store your account login credentials in the browser.
When password saving is enabled, every time you log into a new account you’ll be asked whether you wish to save the password.
If you discard the prompt for saving a particular password but want to do it later, click on Save your password on the right side of the Address Field.
In case you clicked Never, you won’t be asked whether you wish to save the password on that website again. In case you’ve change your mind, go to chrome://settings/passwords (the link will auto-correct to Vivaldi settings) and delete the website from the Never Saved list.
When you change an account’s password, you’ll get the same prompt asking whether you wish to update the credentials.
To view saved passwords:
- In Settings > Privacy > Passwords > Show Passwords;
- Click on Show Password, or right-click on the entry and select Show Password
- Enter your computer’s login password.
To filter passwords, search for the Website or Account Name in the search box above the list of saved login credentials.
To sort saved passwords alphabetically, click on the column title according to which you want to sort the saved entries. Click again to reverse the order.
In addition to the option to show the password, from the right-click menu you can also copy the password or username, visit the page, and delete the saved password.
To delete stored account credentials, right-click on the entry and select Delete Password.
To delete all passwords:
- Go to Vivaldi menu > Tools > Delete Browsing Data;
- Select Passwords (includes your Sync login password);
- For Delete data for, select All Time;
- Click Delete.
To import passwords from another browser:
- Make sure the source browser is closed;
- Then go to Vivaldi menu > File > Import Bookmarks and Settings;
- From the dropdown menu select the browser you wish to import the passwords from;
- Decide on the data you want to import;
- Click Start Import.
Please note that password import is not possible from all browsers.
To export passwords:
- Go to chrome://settings/passwords (the link will auto-correct to Vivaldi settings);
- On the right from Saved Passwords, click on More Actions;
- Select Export Passwords;
- Enter your computers password;
- Save the .csv file.