Speed Dials in Vivaldi allow you to quickly access your favourite websites from the Start Page. You can customise the Bookmarks included in your Speed Dial, or add custom Speed Dials and folders to organise your content.
Add bookmarks to the Speed Dial
- Click the big + button on the Start Page.
- Type a website address, or choose one from the suggestions in the bottom panel.
Delete a Speed Dial bookmark
Hover briefly on the bookmark thumbnail, then click on the - in the upper right corner to delete the bookmark from your Speed Dial. Alternatively, delete the bookmark from the Speed Dial folder in the Bookmarks Panel or Manager.
Set any bookmark as a Speed Dial
Copy or move the bookmark to the Speed Dial bookmark folder in the Bookmarks Panel or Manager.
Organise your Speed Dials using folders
Click the + button as if you were adding a new Bookmark to your Speed Dial, then click the New Folder button.
Create a new Speed Dial
Upload a custom thumbnail to a Speed Dial icon or Speed Dial folder
- Right-click a Speed Dial icon or a Speed Dial folder and choose Select Custom Speed Dial Thumbnail option from the context menu.
Alternatively, hover over the bookmark thumbnail, then click on the + to select a custom thumbnail.
- Select an image to replace the thumbnail.
The recommended image size is 440×360 px and most image formats are supported, including animated GIFs.
Change the background of the Speed Dial page
- Go to Settings > Start Page.
- Tick the Show Background Image box.
- Choose between the preset backgrounds or add your own background image. To use your own, select the last option, Custom, and then click on Change, to pick a file.
[Windows 8 and above only] Your desktop wallpaper will appear in your Start Page settings by default, from where you can select to use it as your Start Page background image. Another way to change the background is to right-click your desktop background image and select Use current desktop background picture as Start Page background image from the context menu.
Other Speed Dial Settings
In Settings > Start Page, you can adjust other aspects of Speed Dial behaviour such as:
- Toggle display of Speed Dial titles to always show, never show or only show when needed.
- Show/Hide the Add button to free up screen real estate.
- Change the maximum number of columns that display. The Maximum Columns setting allows you to set the amount columns of thumbnails to be shown per Speed Dial. Select None to let the thumbnails fill in all available space.
- Change the Speed Dial thumbnail size. You can pick from 5 different sizes.
- Enable/Disable the option to reorder Speed Dials by Drag and Drop.