Showing the Bookmark Bar
To display the Bookmark Bar:
- Go to Settings > Bookmarks > Bookmark Bar and tick the box for Show Bookmark Bar;
- Use a Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+Shift+B / ⌘ Shift B to toggle Bookmark Bar visibility on/off;
- Create a Mouse Gesture for showing and hiding the Bookmark Bar.
In Settings > Bookmarks > Bookmark Bar you can:
- Select which bookmark folder will populate the Bookmark Bar;
- Change the location – top or bottom of the window;
- Decide whether bookmarks are displayed with:
- Text and Icon,
- Text only,
- Icon only,
- Bookmark Icon only (folders will be displayed with text and icon).
Managing bookmarks on the Bookmark Bar
Adding a new bookmark
To add a new bookmark:
- Right-click on the Bookmark Bar and select:
- Add Active Tab,
- New Bookmark.
- Click the Add bookmark button on the right side of the Address Field and save the bookmark in the Bookmark Bar folder;
- Start dragging from the Site info badge on the left side of the Address Field and drop it on the Bookmark Bar.
Opening a bookmark
Clicking on the bookmark will open the website in the active tab (unless changed in Settings > Bookmarks). From the right-click context menu you’ll find the following options for opening a bookmark:
- Open in New Tab;
- Open in Background Tab;
- Open (in Active Tab);
- Open in a New Window;
- Open in Private Window.
You can also hold down the Shift key while clicking on the bookmark to open it in a New Tab or Ctrl / ⌘ key to open the bookmark in a New Background Tab.
Editing a bookmark
To edit a bookmark, right-click the bookmark and select Edit. To change just the title, right-click the bookmarks and select Rename.
Deleting a bookmark
To delete a bookmark, right-click on the bookmark and select Delete from the context menu.
Bookmarks can be sorted by Title, Address, Nickname, Description, Date Created and manually. Right-click on an empty area on the Bookmark Bar, select Sort from the context menu and from the sub-menu your preferred sorting criteria.
To move bookmarks around on the Bookmark Bar:
- Make sure sorting is set to Manually,
- While holding down the Shift key, drag and drop to reorder or move a bookmark to/from a folder.
To create a new folder, right-click on the Bookmark Bar and select New Folder from the context menu.
To create a new sub-folder, right-click on the parent folder and select New Folder.
Importing and exporting bookmarks
To import bookmarks from another browser or HTML file, go to the Vivaldi menu > File > Import Bookmarks and Settings.
To export bookmarks as an HTML file, go to the Vivaldi menu > File > Export Bookmarks.