There are five ways to quickly access your bookmarks
- From the Bookmarks Bar
- From the Bookmarks Panel
- From the Bookmarks Menu
- From the Address Bar via auto-completion
- From Quick Commands via auto-completion and nicknames.
You can manage your bookmarks in the Bookmarks Panel or Bookmark Manager. The latter is accessible via Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks Alt B / ^⌘B application menu.
How do I add new bookmarks?
- Click the bookmark icon to the right in the Address Field (see video), or
- Use the Ctrl D / ⌘ D keyboard shortcut, or
- Click on Add Active Tab in the Bookmarks Menu, or
- Drag the link (starting from the padlock/globe icon) to the destination folder in the Bookmarks Panel or Bookmarks Bar, or
- Add one manually in the Bookmarks Panel or Bookmarks Manager
Then add the URL, a title, a description and a nickname. (Only the URL is mandatory.)
Organize your bookmarks
Some additional options can be found in the context menu when right clicking on a single bookmark or a bookmarks folder.
To import bookmarks, click on the “V” icon (Windows and Linux users) > File > Import Bookmarks and Settings and select, where you want to import the bookmarks from. Alternatively, click on the Import button located near the top right corner in the Bookmark Manager. When the bookmarks have been imported, you can find them all in a new folder after all other bookmark folders, just above the deleted bookmarks (Trash).
To export bookmarks from Vivaldi, click on the “V” icon (Windows and Linux users) > select File > Export Bookmarks. Bookmarks will be saved as an HTML file.
If your other computer uses any chromium-based browser, not just Vivaldi, necessary files can be copied across manually from the file manager.
To do that:
- Open vivaldi://about.
- Make a note of the directory listed under *Profile Path:*.
- Open a system window (Finder or Explorer).
- Search for Vivaldi folder following the path you noted above.
- Copy across bookmarks, history, tabs, etc (see image below).
- If you want to copy your files to a non Vivaldi browser, exclude Notes and Preferences files.