- From the Bookmark Bar;
- From the Bookmark Panel;
- From the Bookmark Menu;
- From the Address Bar via auto-completion;
- From Quick Commands via auto-completion and nicknames.
You can manage your bookmarks in the Bookmark Panel or Bookmark Manager. The latter is accessible via Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks Alt B / ^⌘B application menu.
Adding new bookmarks
- Click the Add bookmark button on the right side of the Address Field (see video);
- Use the Ctrl D / ⌘ D Keyboard Shortcut;
- Click on Add Active Tab in the Bookmark Menu;
- Right click on the web page and select Bookmark Page from the context menu;
- Drag the link (starting from the padlock/globe icon) to the destination folder in the Bookmark Panel or Bookmark Bar;
- Type “Create Bookmark” in Quick Commands.
- Add one manually in the Bookmark Panel or Bookmark Manager.
Then add the URL, a title, a description and a nickname. (Only the URL is mandatory.)
Bookmarks can be organised into folders. To add a new folder, click on the New Folder button in the Bookmark Panel or manager.
Bookmarks can be sorted by Title, Address, Nickname, Description, Date Created and manually. Click on the section (by default titled Sort Manually) just above the list of bookmarks in the Bookmark Panel, or on a column title in the Bookmark Manager to change the sorting criteria.
Some additional options can be found in the context menu when right clicking on a single bookmark or a bookmark folder.
Importing and exporting bookmarks
To import bookmarks, click on the menu (Windows and Linux users) > File > Import Bookmarks and Settings and select, where you want to import the bookmarks from. Alternatively, click on the Import button located near the top right corner in the Bookmark Manager. When the bookmarks have been imported, you can find them all in a new folder after all other bookmark folders, just above the deleted bookmarks.
To export bookmarks from Vivaldi, click on the menu (Windows and Linux users) > File > Export Bookmarks. Bookmarks will be saved as an HTML file.
To keep your bookmarks in sync across multiple Vivaldi browsers on different devices, use Vivaldi’s Sync feature.
If your other computer uses any chromium-based browser, not just Vivaldi, necessary files can be copied across manually from the file manager.
To do that:
- Open vivaldi://about.
- Make a note of the directory listed under Profile Path.
- Open a system window (Finder or Explorer).
- Search for Vivaldi folder following the path you noted above.
- Copy across bookmarks, history, tabs, etc (see image below).
- If you want to copy your files to a non Vivaldi browser, exclude Notes and Preferences files.