On this page you can see information on accessing, adding, organizing, importing and exporting bookmarks.
There are four ways to quickly access your bookmarks
- From the Bookmarks Bar
- From the Bookmarks Panel
- From the Address Bar via auto-completion
- From Quick Commands via auto-completion and nicknames.
You can manage your bookmarks in Bookmark Manager, accessible via Tools > Bookmarks application menu.
How do I add new bookmarks?
- Click the bookmark icon to the right in the Address Field, or
- Manually in the Bookmarks Panel
- Then add the URL, a description and a nickname. (Only the URL is mandatory.)
New bookmarks can be added by using the Ctrl D / ⌘ D shortcut.
Organize your bookmarks
Bookmarks can be imported from:
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Opera 12.x
- Mozilla Firefox
- Bookmarks HTML File
- Opera Bookmarks File
To do that, click on the “V” icon (Windows and Linux users), select File > Import Bookmarks and Settings and select, where you want to import the bookmarks from.
To export bookmarks from Vivaldi, click on the “V” icon (Windows and Linux users) > select File > Export Bookmarks. Bookmarks will be saved as an HTML file.
If your other computer uses any chromium-based browser, not just Vivaldi, necessary files can be copied across manually from the file manager.
To do that:
- Open vivaldi://about.
- Make a note of the directory listed under *Profile Path:*.
- Open a system window (Finder or Explorer).
- Search for Vivaldi folder following the path you noted above.
- Copy across bookmarks, history, tabs, etc (see image below).
- If you want to copy your files to a non Vivaldi browser, exclude Notes and Preferences files.