Accessing the Bookmark Manager
To access bookmarks from the Bookmark Manager you can do one of the following:
- Go to Start Page > Bookmarks;
- Use a Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+B / ⌃ ⌘ B;
- Type “Bookmarks” in Quick Commands;
- Go to Vivaldi Menu > Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks;
- Type vivaldi://bookmarks in the Address Field;
- Create a Mouse Gesture for opening the Bookmark Manager.
Adding a new bookmark
To add a new bookmark in the Bookmark Manager:
- click on the New Bookmark button in the top left of the page;
- right-click in the page and select:
- New Bookmark;
- Bookmark Active Page;
- Bookmark All Open Pages.
To import bookmarks from another browser:
- Click on the Import… button in the top right of the page;
- Select the browser you want to import bookmarks and other settings from;
- Click Start Import.
Opening a bookmark
To open a bookmark:
- select it and press Enter on your keyboard;
- right-click on it and select:
- Open in New Tab,
- Open in Background Tab,
- Open in a New Window,
- Open in Private Window;
- use Open Link in New Tab or Open Link in New Background Tab Mouse Gestures.
Editing a bookmark
To change the title, link, nickname, description, and thumbnail of a bookmark, select it and update the information in the bookmark information section on the right side of the page.
To change just the title, either:
- do a slow double-click on the bookmark / bookmark folder, or
- right-click on the bookmark / bookmark folder and select Rename.
Bookmark thumbnails are a great way to visually distinguish one bookmark from another and are most often used on Speed Dials. To change a thumbnail:
- Select the bookmark or bookmark folder;
- Hover over the existing thumbnail or placeholder image;
- Click on the Add custom thumbnail button;
- Select an image from your files.
Alternatively, click the Update thumbnail button, to use a screenshot of the website as the thumbnail.
Deleting a bookmark
To delete a bookmark, select it and either:
- press Delete on your keyboard;
- click on the Delete button in the top left of the page;
- right-click on the bookmark and select Delete.
Deleted bookmarks will be moved to the Trash folder, from where you can:
- restore them by dragging the deleted bookmark out from the Trash folder, or
- delete them permanently by right-clicking on the Trash folder and selecting Empty Trash.
In the Bookmark Manager bookmarks can be sorted by Title, Address, Nickname, and Description. Click on the column title to sort by the criteria. Click again to reverse the order.
To create a new folder, either:
- click on the New Folder button in the top left of the page, or
- right-click in the page and select New Folder from the context menu.
To create a new sub-folder, select the parent folder and then either:
- click on the New Folder button, or
- right-click on the parent folder and select New Folder from the context menu.
Assigning a Speed Dial and Bookmark Bar folder
To assign a folder to populate your Start Page with Speed Dials, either:
- select the folder and tick the box for Speed Dial in the folder information section, or
- right-click on the folder and select Use as Speed Dial from the context menu.
Multiple folders can be displayed on the Speed Dial.
To assign a folder to populate your Bookmark Bar, either:
- select the folder and tick the box for Bookmark Bar in the folder information section, or
- right-click on the folder and select Set as Bookmark Bar Folder from the context menu.
Only one folder can be used as the Bookmark Bar folder, but that folder may include multiple sub-folders.
Use the Search box in the top left corner of the page to search for bookmarks using the bookmark’s title, nickname or something in the link or description.
There are two ways to display search results. Either as a flat search, where only the found bookmarks are listed or in a tree search, where you’ll also see in which folder the bookmark is. To switch between the views:
- Right-click on the list of bookmarks;
- In the context menu, select Settings;
- Pick either Flat Search or Tree Search.
To make manual browsing through the list of bookmarks easier, you can open and close all bookmark folders at once with just two click – right-click on the list of bookmarks and select either Expand All Folders or Collapse All Folders.
Start Page Navigation