This post is also available in: Nederlands
The History tool in Vivaldi is somewhat different than in a typical browser – instead, Vivaldi’s History is a detailed overview backed by statistics and presented in a fresh, visual way. It was built to give users a powerful and useful tool to explore their browsing patterns and to make finding previously visited sites easier than ever.
The History page can be accessed in a number of ways within the Vivaldi interface:
- From the top bar of the Start Page (vivaldi://startpage);
- Use Keyboard Shortcuts (Ctrl H / ⌘ Y);
- Enter vivaldi://history in the Address Field;
- Select History from the Tools menu;
- Middle-click on the History Panel button;
- Opening the History Panel in Vivaldi’s Side Panel (below Bookmarks, Downloads and Notes).
Using History in Vivaldi
History offers a number of different views and ways to filter your browsing history data in Vivaldi. Get an overview and a few examples with the video below:
Clear Browsing Data
Clearing browsing data can be done from the History page by selecting the Clear Browsing Data button in the top-right of the History page.
Alternatively, open the Delete Browsing Data window:
- the time range
- Past Hour
- Past Day
- Past Week
- Past 4 Weeks
- which elements of the stored browsing data to delete
- Browsing History
- Form Autofill Data
- Application Cache
- and confirm by clicking Delete.
History data is strictly private and stored locally to individual Vivaldi installations – Vivaldi Technologies does not collect any History data from browser users. Find out more about Vivaldi’s Privacy policies and terms here.