The History tool in Vivaldi is somewhat different than in a typical browser – instead, Vivaldi’s History is a detailed overview backed by statistics and presented in a fresh, visual way. It was built to give users a powerful and useful tool to explore their browsing patterns and to make finding previously visited sites easier than ever.
The History page can be accessed in a number of ways within the Vivaldi interface:
- From the top bar of the Start Page (vivaldi://startpage)
- Use Keyboard Shortcuts (Ctrl H / ⌘ Y)
- Enter vivaldi://history in the Address Field
- Select History from the Tools menu
- Opening the History Panel in Vivaldi’s Side Panel (below Bookmarks, Downloads and Notes)
Using History in Vivaldi
History offers a number of different views and ways to filter your browsing history data in Vivaldi. Get an overview and a few examples with the video below:
Clear Browsing Data
Clearing browsing data can be done from the History page by:
- Select the brush icon in the top-right of the History page (see image).
- Select the time range (Past Hour, Past Day, Past Week, Past 4 Weeks, or Everything) and which elements of the stored browsing data to delete and confirm by clicking Clear Browsing Data (see image).
- Data which can be cleared from your local storage using this menu includes:
- Browsing History
- Cookies & Storage
- Form Autofill Data
- Application Cache
History data is strictly private and stored locally to individual Vivaldi installations – Vivaldi Technologies does not collect any History data from browser users. Find out more about Vivaldi’s Privacy policies and terms here.