We build Vivaldi with the needs of our sizable community in mind. If you have an idea for a feature you’d like to see in the browser, let us know!
With the release of Vivaldi 1.14, Vivaldi introduced a new way of requesting features. Here are the steps to follow.
- Login to the forum and go to the Feature Request category.
- Search to make sure the feature you have in mind hasn’t been requested already. To search for a feature, click on the Search button in the top black menu bar > enter the search term > in ‘Advanced search’ select the ‘Feature Request’ category > check the box for ‘Search child categories’ to include the Archive.
- Upvote features you like. Upvote by clicking the “up” arrow.
- If the feature hasn’t been requested, start a new topic.
- Choose a clear and concise title for the topic and describe the feature in more detail in the body of the post.
- Duplicate feature requests will be deleted by the moderators.
- Discuss requested features under each post.
- Check tags such as “Done”, “Pipeline”, “Duplicate” and “Will not do” for the status of requested features.
- We show feature requests sorted by “Newest to oldest” to help features get the same exposure and the same chance of winning votes. Feature requests can also be sorted by “Oldest to newest”, “Most posts (most discussed)” and “Most votes”.
- Offensive language and ALL CAPS posts will be deleted.
Don’t have a Vivaldi.net account? Find out here how to create one.
Thank you all for being part of our journey and for helping us make Vivaldi the browser you need it to be!