Register a new Vivaldi account
Creating a Vivaldi account gives you access to:
- Vivaldi Sync: Synchronize Bookmarks, Settings, History and more across your devices.
- Vivaldi Forum: Chat about Vivaldi’s development, vote on upcoming features and leave your feedback.
- Blogs: Create your own blog (username.vivaldi.net) and publish your articles for free to the whole wide internets.
- Vivaldi Themes: Share your custom browser themes with the Community.
- Vivaldi Social: Vivaldi’s instance on Mastodon, a distributed social network to connect with people from the Vivaldi Community and all over the Fediverse.
- Webmail: Community members, who actively use our services, will at some point get access to a free webmail account ([email protected]) with calendar and contacts management.
To create a Vivaldi account:
- Go to Vivaldi.net and click on Join Vivaldi Community near the top right of the page.
In the browser, go to Settings > Sync to sign up.
- Fill out the form.
- Click Register.
- Activate the account with a code sent to the email address you provided.
- Log in to your new account.
Information needed to register a new account:
- Username. Choose a unique username. It will be used for your Vivaldi Social user handle, blog link, forum display name, email address and to log in to the different Vivaldi services.
- Age. We need this information to prove to authorities that you are older than 16 to comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Password. Your super secure, unique password which you don’t use anywhere else. Consider using a passphrase made up of random words. Since shorter passwords are easy to crack these days, the password must be at least 12 characters long.
- Recovery email. This address will be used to activate the account. It is also used to send you account-related messages (e.g. password reset) and technical updates.
- Captcha. A security question in the form of a simple mathematical equation. Type the answer as a number, for example: 2 + 2 = 4, not four.
Activating the account
Before you log in to your new account, it needs to be activated. After submitting the registration form, an email with an activation code is sent to the recovery email. Enter the 6 digit code from the email on the page that comes after the registration page.
In case you haven’t received the activation email, first check the Spam folder, maybe it landed there. If the email hasn’t arrived, request a new email on the page where you’re asked for the 6-digit activation code. In case you’ve left that page, try logging in to your account on Vivaldi.net and you’ll be taken back to the account activation page.
Need help with your Vivaldi account?