Register a new Vivaldi account
We have confirmed issues with registration, login and password reset. The team is working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Creating a Vivaldi account gives you access to:
- Vivaldi Sync: Synchronise Bookmarks, Settings, History and more across your devices.
- Vivaldi Forum: Chat about Vivaldi’s development, vote on upcoming features and leave your feedback.
- Blogs: Create your own blog (username.vivaldi.net) and publish your articles for free to the whole wide internets.
- Webmail: Free webmail account ([email protected]) with calendar and contacts management.
Information needed to register a new account:
- Username. Choose a unique username. This handle will be used for your new email address, blog link, display name on the forum and to log in to the different Vivaldi services.
- Age. We need this information to prove to authorities that you are older than 16 to comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Password. Your super secure, unique password which you don’t use anywhere else. Consider using a passphrase made up of random words. Since shorter passwords are easy to crack these days, the password must be at least 12 characters long.
- Recovery email. This address will be used to activate the account. It is also used to send you account-related messages (e.g. password reset) and technical updates.
- Captcha. A security question in the form of a simple mathematical equation. Type the answer as a number, for example: 2 + 2 = 4, not four.
- Phone number. If you wish to use Vivaldi’s Webmail and Blogging services, for security reasons, it is necessary to verify your phone number. This can be done on your account’s profile on Vivaldi.net after activating the account via email.
Activating the account
Before you log in to your new account, it needs to be activated. After submitting the registration form, an email with an activation code is sent to the recovery email. Enter the 6 digit code from the email on the page that comes after the registration page.
In case you haven’t received the activation email, first check the Spam folder, maybe it landed there. If the email hasn’t arrived, request a new email on the page where you’re asked for the 6-digit activation code. In case you’ve left that page, try logging in to your account on Vivaldi.net and you’ll be taken back to the account activation page.
- After activating the account, log in to your account’s profile on Vivaldi.net.
- Enter your phone number and click Update.
- Check your phone for the SMS with the verification code. Please note that the verification code is not the same as the account activation code sent via email.
- Enter the code on the new page and click Submit.
Need help with your Vivaldi account?