Update Vivaldi account information
To update your account information, first go to your Vivaldi account’s profile:
- Log in on Vivaldi.net.
- Click on Account near your profile picture.
- Hover the mouse over your username or avatar in the top right corner of the page
- From the menu select Account.
To upload a new profile image:
- Click on the current image;
- Choose the new image file (max size – 5MB);
- Crop, if needed;
- Click Done.
If you don’t see the new profile image on the forum or blogs, log out of the account and in again.
To change your name in Vivaldi webmail, go to Settings > Identities.
To update the display name on Vivaldi Social, go to Preferences > Profile.
To change your account’s recovery email:
- Enter the new email address;
- Click Update;
- Head to the new recovery email’s mailbox and look for a ‘Recovery Email Change Request‘ email from Vivaldi;
- Open the link in the email (the link is valid for 48 hours);
- Enter your account’s login password and click Verify email address;
When you return to the profile, you’ll see the new email.
The phone number is only required from users, who registered their account after 16th of Oct, 2019 and want to access webmail and blogs. Users with older accounts currently can’t add a phone number to their profile as there’s no use for it for them.
To verify your phone number:
- Type in your phone number (needs to be able to receive text messages and can’t be linked to other Vivaldi accounts);
- Click Update;
- Check your phone for the code;
- Enter the code on the new page and click Submit.
In case you have trouble receiving the SMS, please get in touch with us below.
Once you’ve verified the phone number, it’s no longer possible to change it. But since there’s no other use for it at this stage, that’s ok. Should we add features that require the use of your phone in the future, we’ll make it possible to update the number.
If you really want to change the phone number, please get in touch with us via the contact form at the end of this article. Include the username and the current phone number in the message.
Change whether you receive Technical Update and Vivaldi News newsletters from Vivaldi. Newsletter subscription can also be updated on Vivaldi.com:
To change your login password:
- Click on Change password in the bottom left corner of the page;
- Enter the current password and then the new password twice;
- Click Update.
- Log in with the new password.
Alternatively, you can send yourself a password reset email here.
For instructions on how to delete your Vivaldi account, please visit a separate help page here.
Trouble updating the profile?
If after clicking Update on the profile you see an error messages, for example, ‘Can’t verify the user‘, try updating the account again in a Guest Profile or a new User Profile. An Extension or some Setting may cause the issue in the browser’s main profile.
In case updating account information didn’t work in a clean profile either, please report the issue to us using the contact form below.
Need help with your Vivaldi account?