Forgotten account credentials
We’ve all been there. If your username or password need to be recovered (or you don’t have access to the recovery email account you provided when you signed up), use these links to get back into your Vivaldi account.
Forgotten login password
To reset your Vivaldi account’s login password:
- Go to https://login.vivaldi.net/profile/id/userInfoView.
- Enter your account’s username.
- Click Submit.
- Check the account’s recovery email mailbox.
- Open the link in the email you received from Vivaldi.
- Set a new password for your account.
To get a refresher on your Vivaldi account’s username:
- Go to https://login.vivaldi.net/profile/id/recoverAccount.
- Enter your account’s recovery email.
- Click Submit.
- Check the account’s recovery email mailbox for an email with the username.
If you’ve forgotten the recovery email, search through all your mailboxes for an email from Vivaldi. For example, the account’s activation or past password reset emails.
Forgotten Sync’s encryption password
In case you’ve forgotten Sync‘s encryption password and don’t have a backup encryption key to decrypt the data or just want to change the encryption password:
- Go to Settings > Sync.
- Log into your Vivaldi account.
- Click on the Forgot Password? button.
- In the pop up, click on Delete Data.
- Then Start Sync again and enter a new encryption password.
Your data will be deleted from Vivaldi’s Sync servers and re-uploaded from the computer you’re using once you enter a new password. In case the synced data isn’t stored locally on any devices (e.g. after a OS reset) and you don’t have a backup encryption key to decrypt the data, the synced data will unfortunately be lost when resetting the encryption password.
Don’t have access to the recovery email account or password reset didn’t work? Send us a message below and make sure to include:
- The account’s username,
- Recovery email address, and
- As many details about the issue as possible.
Need help with your Vivaldi account?