How to change the interface of Vivaldi with Themes
Go to Settings > Themes.
- Select one of the predefined themes,
- edit a predefined theme by selecting a theme and then clicking the pencil button, or
- create your own theme by clicking the ‘+’ button.
If you clicked the pencil or + button, a theme editor will appear.
- Use the color picker or input a hex color code to change the Background, Foreground, Highlight and Accent colors.
- You can also decide whether the accent color is the one you chose or it changes to match the website you’re on.
- Enabling ‘Apply Accent Color to Window‘ will use the accent color on the Tab Bar and horizontal menu (available on Windows and Linux). If disabled, the accent color will show on the Address Bar and active tab.
- In addition, the background of tabs can be nontransparent or transparent.
- Last but not least, corner rounding allows for another level of personalisation.
How to schedule browser Themes
With theme scheduling you can set your favorite themes to be enabled during specified times throughout the day. For example, enabling a light theme during daylight hours, and switching to a darker theme in the evening.
- Go to Settings > Themes.
- Enable Scheduled Themes by ticking the Schedule Theme to Change box.
- Drag the sliders to adjust theme change times.
- Click on a time slot to open a drop down menu and choose which theme you want to use.
- Click on + and - to add/remove theme changing times.
Window Background Image
In addition to editing the color schemes of the user interface, you can make the browser even more personal by adding an image to the Tab bar.
To enable and edit this option go to Settings > Appearance > Window Background Image and check the box for Show Window Background Image.
You can also select whether the image is scaled to fit or repeated. The latter is a good option for seamless patterns.
In addition, you can decide whether the image is blended together with the Window Accent Color or not.