The History tool in Vivaldi is somewhat different than in a typical browser – instead, Vivaldi’s History is a detailed overview backed by statistics and presented in a fresh, visual way. It was built to give users a powerful and useful tool to explore their browsing patterns and to make finding previously visited sites easier than ever.
To open the History page:
- Click on History on the top menu of the Start Page (vivaldi://startpage);
- Go to Vivaldi menu > Tools > History;
- Enter vivaldi://history in the Address Field;
- Type “History” in Quick Commands:
- Middle-click on the History Panel button;
- Use the Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl H / ⌘ Y;
- Create a Mouse Gesture for opening the History manager
Using History in Vivaldi
History offers a number of different views and ways to filter your browsing history data in Vivaldi. Get an overview and a few examples with the video below:
Clear Browsing Data
Clearing browsing data can be done from the History page by selecting the Clear Browsing Data button in the top-right of the History page.
Alternatively, open the Delete Browsing Data window:
- From Vivaldi menu > Tools > Delete Browsing Data;
- By typing “Delete Browsing Data” in Quick Commands;
- Using the Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl Shift Del / ⇧ ⌘ ⌫;
- Creating a Mouse Gesture for the action.
- The time range
- Past Hour
- Past Day
- Past Week
- Past 4 Weeks
- Which elements of the stored browsing data to delete
- And confirm by clicking Delete.
History data is strictly private and stored locally to individual Vivaldi installations – Vivaldi Technologies does not collect any History data from browser users. Find out more about Vivaldi’s Privacy policies and terms here.