Error message after submitting the registration form
- Go back, check that all information is correct and try again. Refresh the page and start again, if necessary.
- Try disabling Extensions (especially privacy, security and/or content blocking extensions) to see, if any of them hinder the browser’s work.
- Make sure Cookies for Vivaldi.net sites have not been blocked.
- Clear Cookies & Storage, Cache, and Application cache from History.
Haven’t received the account activation email?
- Make sure a valid email address was entered in the registration form. In case you might have made a typo in the recovery email or gave an invalid email, please contact us with your account’s username, the email you signed up with and what the email address should be. We’ll fix it for you.
- Check all mailbox folders, including the Spam folder, for an email with the title “Vivaldi.net – Account Activation”.
- Be patient. Occasionally, email service providers queue emails, so the email might arrive in your Inbox with a delay.
If you’re sure that the email is correct, but the email hasn’t been delivered, send yourself a new account activation email.
Haven’t received the SMS code on your phone?
- Make sure the number, including the country flag/code, is correct.
- Resend the SMS (max 3 times).
- If the message doesn’t arrive immediately, keep the page for entering the verification code open, in case the message is delivered with a delay.
- If, after 3 requests you haven’t received the code, please get in touch with us and describe the issue.
Account activation failed?
After clicking the activation link in the email or entering the 6 digit sms code you should see a welcome message and a list of services that can be used with a Vivaldi account. If instead you see an error message, first try logging in despite of the message. If login works, it’s possible that the account got activated, but the wrong message was shown.
If login doesn’t work, then the account activation really was unsuccessful. It will fail, for example, when the activation link has expired. In that case resend the account activation email.
Sometimes Extensions can cause trouble, so try if after disabling them account activation works.
- Make sure you activated the account through a link in the activation email that was sent to your account’s recovery email, before trying to log in. If necessary, you can send yourself a new account activation email here.
- If you’re having issues with login to Vivaldi Webmail or Blogs, make sure you’ve verified your phone number by visiting your Vivaldi account’s profile. If the phone number field is empty or the number can be edited, please verify your phone number by updating the page. If the phone number can be viewed but not edited, the number has already been verified.
- For login it’s best to use your username, but your Vivaldi email address is also accepted. In case you don’t remember the username, send a username reminder to your recovery email address.
- Reset the password with your username. Please note that, password reset won’t work, if the account hasn’t been activated.
- Delete Vivaldi Cookies following the instructions in the video:
None of the above was helpful?
Make sure to include:
- The account’s username, recovery/contact email address, and
- As many details about the issue as possible. For example, where you tried to log in (forum, blogs, webmail or sync), what the error message said, etc.