Web Panels are customisable tabs which allow you to keep your favourite sites easily accessible in the side Panel of Vivaldi. Opening a Web Panel will allow you to simultaneously view its content alongside the tab(s) in your main window.
How to add a new Web Panel:
- Open the Panel area either by clicking the Show Panel icon on the left side of the Status Bar or using the corresponding Keyboard Shortcut (F4 / ⌥⌘ P)
- Click the [+] Add Web Panel button to
- add the current active page,
- one of your frequently visited websites or
- to type a URL.
How to add a new Web Panel from the context menu:
- Right-click anywhere on an open webpage to open the context menu
- Select Add Page to Web Panel from the menu
- The page will be available immediately as a Web Panel.
Popular uses for Web Panels:
Below we’ve listed a few of the most common uses for custom Web Panels. Keep in mind that due to the smaller view area, mobile-friendly sites will work best. Try adding one yourself by opening the link and adding it via the instructions above!
- Resources for work and research (e.g. StackOverflow, DevDocs)
- Translation tools like Google Translate
- Grammar or copywriting tools such as a thesaurus
- Social media and News feeds (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, HackerNews)
- Chat apps (e.g. Messenger, WhatsApp)