Web Panels are customisable tabs which allow you to keep your favourite sites easily accessible in the side Panel of Vivaldi. Opening a Web Panel will allow you to simultaneously view its content alongside the tab(s) in your main window.
How to add a new Web Panel:
- Open the Panel area either by clicking the Show Panel icon on the left side of the Status Bar or using the corresponding Keyboard Shortcut (F4 / ⌥⌘ P)
- Click the [+] Add Web Panel button to
- add the current active page,
- one of your frequently visited websites or
- to type a URL.
How to add a new Web Panel from the context menu:
- Right-click anywhere on an open webpage to open the context menu
- Select Add Page to Web Panel from the menu
- The page will be available immediately as a Web Panel.
In case you’re asked to download an App or a message says that the page is not available on Mobile, right click on the Web Panel button and select ‘Show Desktop Version‘. You can do the opposite (select ‘Show Mobile Version‘), when you wish to switch from desktop view to mobile view.
Customize Web Panels
Some web panels need more space than others. To have panels with separate width:
- Right click on the Web Panel’s icon,
- select separate width and
- drag the panel to preferred size.
To display navigation buttons, right click on the Web Panel’s icon > Toolbar > Display All Controls.
Popular uses for Web Panels:
Below we’ve listed a few of the most common uses for custom Web Panels. Keep in mind that due to the smaller view area, mobile-friendly sites will work best. Try adding one yourself by opening the link and adding it via the instructions above!
- Resources for work and research (e.g. StackOverflow, DevDocs)
- Translation tools like Google Translate
- Grammar or copywriting tools such as a thesaurus
- Social media and News feeds (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, HackerNews)
- Chat apps (e.g. Messenger, WhatsApp)