In this article we’ve put together some guidelines that will help you write a good bug report. A good bug report will help our developers reproduce and fix the bug.
Before reporting a bug
Before you report a bug, please check the forum. Well-known bugs, updates and temporary workarounds are often discussed there.
Also, some bugs are caused by an extension. So, even if there doesn’t seem to be an obvious link between your extensions and the bug, please disable your extensions one by one on vivaldi://extensions and test the bug in between.
If you can’t find anything about the bug you’ve encountered and none of the extensions caused the issue, please file a bug report.
How to report a bug?
- Report each bug separately on vivaldi.com/bugreport/. Reports with more than one bug cannot be processed because each bug is allocated a unique bugtracker number.
- Describe the issue in as much detail as you can.
- If you’re reporting from another computer / browser, include information about the Vivaldi version and the operating system the bug is occurring on.
- Add an exact link to a web page where the issue occurs, so it can be tested.
- It helps, if you include some information about the extensions and security tools you’re using – they often point us in the right direction.
- If you’re having issues with audio or video give information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
- After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation email from the bugtracker with the bug number VB-XXXXX, so make sure you give a valid contact email address.
- You can add more information and files (screenshots, crash logs, etc.) to the report by replying to the bugtracker’s email.
If you have questions about the bug please ask in the forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number. Our helpful forum moderators will be able to help you.
You can read about what happens with your bug report when it reaches us on our Team Blog.
Important! Please do not use the bug report page for support or other questions. These questions can be sent to us from our contact form.
Thanks for helping us make Vivaldi better!