Vivaldi’s Status Bar is located at the bottom of Vivaldi’s window allowing you to:
- Show or hide Panel is located on the far left of the status bar.
- Shortcut to Sync settings is the cloud icon right next to the Panel toggle.
- Page info will display the current status of the web page. For example: “Processing request”, “Waiting for”, “Connecting”, “Establishing secure connection”.
If you hover over links on web pages, the URL behind the link will be displayed on the Status Bar.
- Capture Page: take a screenshot of the web page.
- Page tiling: view multiple tabs side by side in the same window.
- Toggle images: Choose whether images are to be visible in web pages or not or if only cached images are to be shown. Also, decide whether to loop animations, play them just once or never.
- Page actions: page actions provides web-page specific features.
- Page zoom: Set the page zoom by using the Page zoom slider. Switch to range buttons in Settings > Appearance > Window Appearance > Use Buttons in Range Controls.
- Status Bar Clock: Start countdowns, set alarms or just check the time.
Customise the Status Bar
To move buttons on the Status Bar, hold down the Shift key and drag the button to a different location.
All buttons on the Status Bar can be removed by right clicking on the button > Customize > Remove From Toolbar.
To reset the changes right click on a button > Customize > Reset Toolbar to Default. In case you’ve removed all of the buttons, go to Settings > Appearance > Window Appearance > Toolbar Customization > Reset Status Bar.
Hiding the Status Bar
Go to Settings > Appearance > Status Bar to decide whether to:
- Always show the Status Bar;
- Only show status info overlay;
- Hide it completely.
Alternatively, go to Vivaldi Menu > View > Show Status Bar or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl Shift S / ⌘ / to toggle the visibility.