User profiles allow multiple “users” to share one Vivaldi installation, without requiring you to log in to a different operating system user account, or maintain multiple Standalone installations.
Each profile can have a different set of Extensions, Bookmarks, Speed Dials, Cookies, History, etc. In addition, each profile can have its own look and configuration (Keyboard Shortcuts, Mouse Gestures, etc.).
If a second profile is needed only briefly, for example, for a friend to use your browser (without messing up your setup or interacting with your open tabs), use a temporary Guest Profile.
Add a new Profile
- Click on the Profile button in the top right corner of the browser window and select Manage Profiles. Alternatively, go to Settings > Address Bar > Profile Management and click on Manage Profiles.
- Click on Add Person in the bottom right corner of the Profile Management window.
- Pick a name for the new profile and, if you wish, select an avatar.
- You can also decide, whether you want a shortcut to the Desktop or not.
- Click Add.
Switch between profiles
- Open the Profile menu and click on the profile you want to switch to.
Delete a Profile
To delete a profile:
- Open the Profile menu and select Manage Profiles. Alternatively, go to Settings > Address Bar > Profile Management and click on Manage Profiles.
- Hover over the profile you want to delete, click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and select Remove this person.
Hide the Profile button
If you don’t want to use the multiple profile feature and don’t want the button to clutter your Address Bar, open Settings > Address Bar > Profile Management and untick the box for Show Profile Button.